Urbandale Unplugged

The Student News Site of Urbandale High School

Urbandale Unplugged

Urbandale Unplugged

NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 8, 2024
Podcast Episode 2
Podcast Episode 2
April 12, 2024

Extracurricular Insider

Urbandale Girl’s Cross Country
Alex Mackie
UGXC @ Panorama Meet

In the 2023 season, the girl’s cross country team was coached by David Roney, and assisted by coaches Beth Schweizer and Sami Conlon. Senior Alex Mackie, was the team captain, leading the team on and off the trails and courses. Throughout the season the team engaged in many team bonding activities, including a team retreat to Decorach, Iowa, a movie night, confidence jar decorating, and team dinners throughout the season.

Though the team had less than 20 participants, they held their own in the 4a division. The girls co-hosted the home meet with the boys, and continued to compete at Panorama, Prairie City Monroe, Southeast Polk, Marshalltown, and Fort Dodge. In their championship season the team went to the Ankeny DMACC Campus for conference, and Marshalltown for Districts. Captain Alex Mackie was the only girls state qualifier and represented the team at Fort Dodge along with the boys team.

Facts Summary:
-Head Coach- David Roney
-Assistant Coaches- Beth Schwiezer, Sami Conlon
-Team Captain- Alex Mackie
-Participants- 16
-Meets- Urbandale, Panorama, Prairie City Monroe, South East Polk, Marshalltown, Fort Dodge, Conference @ Ankeny DMACC Campus, Districts @ Marshalltown, State @ Fort Dodge
-Seniors- Alex Mackie, Audrey Hager, Kiersten Van Horn, Anna Thompson, Paige Scudder